Would you like help?
We live in a complex web of often contradictory forces. Finding the clarity and motivation to pursue writing ambitions and creative projects can be a challenge.
Coaching is a conversation that enables the client to identify and explore goals, dreams and ambitions; and to formulate a plan for achieving them.
HELP FOR WRITERS:
Writing can often be a lonely and challenging activity. How to start, how to keep going, how to start again? What is it that I’m doing? Where is it leading? How do I find time to write amid all the competing demands in my life? Why am I blocked?
These are questions that many writers face on a regular basis.
COACHING CAN HELP YOU TO
- formulate goals
- overcome blocks
- develop a practice that will draw on your knowledge and strengths
- move forward with whatever it is that you have within you to write
EDITING AND MENTORING:
I also offer editorial and mentoring services, using coaching techniques to help writers achieve a position of clarity and a sense of progress on whatever it is they are writing, be it drama, fiction or non-fiction.
During the first sessions I concentrate on your intentions, to ask the question, what is it that you are hoping to write? Then I’ll read the work and offer feedback. Through an ongoing process of questioning and dialogue, I will help you shape the manuscript according to the criteria that you set.
HELP FOR CREATIVES:
Do you have a project that sits as a half-baked idea on your computer? Do you work for an organisation that is muddled in its vision? Do you continue to come across the same set of hurdles that seem to have hampered you for ages? Are you in a period of turmoil and transition? Would you like to improve your leadership skills?
I can help you identify, formulate and establish a series of actions that will help you achieve whatever it is you want to set in motion.
- Sometimes this might involve re-thinking your relationship between your working environment and your creative vision
- At other times this might be unpicking knots that have blocked your ability to see clearly what it is you want to achieve
- Or it may be as straightforward as finding a new angle from which to view a problem.
In all cases, the work of the coach is to you help you to
- Think more clearly
- Find a focus that is in keeping with your talents, strengths, dreams and goals.
Depending on what you require I charge by the session or for a package of sessions.
- A one-off coaching session of an hour is £45. This is reduced to £40 for six sessions or more.
- For those who want either one or several sessions of mentoring/feedback, I charge £55 a session. This is reduced to £50 if you sign up for four or more. Session-to-session I read between 5,000 – 7,000 words of prose.
- For work on a manuscript I offer a package that incorporates reading in stages, with feedback and coaching work session-to-session.
If you have special circumstances that prohibit any of these rates then I am happy to have a chat about what we might do together.
I live in London and Norwich. I ask that we have at least one session in person; and otherwise am happy to coach over Skype phone.
I work also at The Writers Centre Norwich. Please go their web site for further details of the sessions: http://www.writerscentrenorwich.org.uk
Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have about what coaching is.
Testimonials and short About Me below!